Wednesday 15 July 2015

Vintage Tools Are Useless!!




Hello everyone and welcome to my blog

For my first post i wanted to get my opinions out there for the use of vintage tools which many people believe are useless because they are old.

To prove my point on vintage tools i thought i would use my vintage socket sets to show how they are just as good and sometimes better than modern day tools.


British Made: Tipco 3/8" Dr Socket Set (red) - Bedford 1/2" Dr Socket Set (blue)

First of all in my opinion vintage tools were of a higher quality and much nicer to use than the modern day equivalent







A little  dirty i know but if we take the time to look at the great design of this Tipco ratchet you can see that a lot of thought went into the design of the ratchet.
This is Also the lightest ratchet i have ever owned and this makes the ease of use with this tool very nice and smooth. 



The Bedford design was done with one thing in mind, heavy duty construction the ratchet feels very strong and sturdy when you are using it, it has a very good weight to it also and a flat wide handle for a good grasp. 








 Tipco Storage Box a little rough with the paintwork but still functional at a great size to fit in the hand. 

The nice Tipco logo in the centre of the box.
 



Inside we have the original sticker it came with. 











The Bedford Storage box is a little larger but still a great size, a little more beat up but not terrible. 










The Bedford Logo Reading "Genuine Bedford Sheffield".










Vintage vs Modern  

The price of a high quality modern day equivalent 3/8' Dr set £36.95
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bahco-Socket-Piece-Square-Drive/dp/B0001JZRYY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1437001739&sr=8-3&keywords=socket+set

The price of my Tipco 3/8" Dr set £12.50 Incl Shipping on eBay

The Price of a high quality modern day equivalent 1/2"Dr set £51.99
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bahco-Socket-Piece-Square-Drive/dp/B0001OZHS0/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1437002073&sr=8-6&keywords=socket+set

The price of my Bedford 1/2" Dr Set £16.00 Incl Shipping on ebay


I hope you have enjoyed reading
Thanks 







4 comments:

  1. Always loved Tipco combination spanners. Better than modern, definitely

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have and use my tipco sockets and spanners now that I bought in the late 60s and I'm nearly 72 yrs old, even better than snap on

    ReplyDelete
  3. My father in law left me his Britool sets in his will. I have used them for 30 years and they are still perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two ways of buying tools: any-old cheap crap to treat as disposable, or vintage stuff off ebay stamped "England" which is still cheap but will last forever.

    ReplyDelete